Friday, October 23, 2009

Welcome to the Future of U.S. Health Care if Obama Gets His Way


Here's a photo of people waiting on line outside in the rain in Milwaukee--for their flu shot. It seems to me that if you didn't have the flu before you got in that line then you'd have a pretty good chance of taking it home with you.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel posted this photo essay.

Hat tip to Gateway Pundit.

I feel badly for young moms these days, trying to do the right thing by their kids--do I vaccinate or not? With the alarming reports of increase in autism--and who knows why that's happening, but I would certainly at least wonder if maybe the vaccines have had something to do with it--how in the world does a lay person know what to do? I know, immunization vs. autism is one of those "whacko" theories, but if it's your kid, you still wonder.

I overheard a couple of moms talking about the "Do I vaccinate?" for the H1N1 virus issue today after spinning class. These weren't brand-new, freaked out moms--one had five kids and one had three. One of them was upset because she hadn't known to ask for vaccine without mercury. She found out after her kids were vaccinated that in her pediatrician's office, for kids under five, they use non-mercury-containing vaccine, but for kids over five, the parent has to specifically ask for vaccine without mercury. Catch 22--they didn't give her that information because she didn't ask for non-mercury vaccine. She was plenty upset, and I can't say as I blame her.

For myself, as I've posted elsewhere, I have no intention of getting a flu shot. I take my waterless hand sanitizer with me wherever I go, and I use it. Everyone needs to make their own decision about the issue, based on individualized risk factors. Regardless, standing outside in the cold and the rain in a line that snakes around the building, waiting for the shot, seems to me like utter insanity.

Update: By popular demand, I'll post the pic that was posted at Gateway Pundit. The guy with the sign has it exactly right.



I just read at the CDC website that as of the end of October, they expected 26 million doses of the H1N1 vaccine to be made available, but so far, as of October 24, only 13 million doses of the vaccine have been doled out. Really? Is that the best this country can do? Evidently it's the best the government can do. Oh please, sign me up for the PRIVATE OPTION of ObamaCare right now, puh-leeze. Cripes.

3 comments:

nobackindown said...

you are so right on - if you love how the government has fallen millions of doses short in their projections for H1N1 inoculations, then by all means you should be front and center calling for the take over of the health system. what is worse - looking at the lines of people lined up to apply for a janitor position or looking at the lines of women and children standing in the rain for flu shots. they can have mine --keep your needles and nasal shots away from me please!

nobackindown said...

you are so right on - if you love how the government has fallen millions of doses short in their projections for H1N1 inoculations, then by all means you should be front and center calling for the take over of the health system. what is worse?? looking at the lines of people lined up to apply for a janitor position or looking at the lines of women and children standing in the rain for flu shots. they can have mine --keep your needles and nasal shots away from me please!

nobackindown said...

i believe that the government projected -140- million doses to be delivered by mid-Oct, and to date 12-14 have been administered. you can't blame the O administration for a production line problem, but you -can- blame them for not owning up to the populace what the true numbers are -- and when they can expect to get it ...