Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Another Award for Nothing: Lady Michelle Wins Woman of the Year Award


More nonsense from the lamestream media. "In under a year, Michelle Obama has transformed the role of First Lady, throwing open the doors of the White House to families and children," says Cindi Leive, Glamour editor-in-chief. For that, Lady Michelle has "earned" her iconic status (the same way she "earned" her seat at Princeton and Harvard Law, is what I'm thinking).

That's right, Cindi, Michelle-O is the only First Lady who has ever "opened the White House" to children. Come on, I don't know how old you are, Cindi, but judging by the way you spell your name, maybe you're not old enough to remember much--but First Ladies and Children go together like white on rice. (Ooooh, is that a racist remark? Well, slap my face.)


Yeah, I'm right. "Cindi" Leive is about 12 years old, just right for editor-in-chief of Glamour.


Laura Bush



Hillary Clinton




Barbara Bush



Nancy Reagan


Do I need to keep going?

Rosalynn Carter



Eleanor Roosevelt



Give me a BREAK. As if Lady Michelle is the first First Lady to invite children to the White House. So Michelle-o gets an award as an ICON for inviting children to the White House. Yet she tells young girls that college is too expensive and big business is b-a-d. What kind of mentoring of young girls is that? The over-the-top, affirmative coverage of this woman in the yellow stream media makes me want to throw up on my shoes.

Exit Question: What is it about MO and BO that makes the lamestream media feel the necessity of propping them up with meaningless, unearned awards?

Update: The best Michelle Obama website on the internet is Michelle Obama's Mirror Blog. This person who writes the blog (um, the mirror) is hilarious. Highly recommended.

Update #2: My pal at Sharp Elbows reminds me that this White House hasn't been exactly 100% kid-friendly: "Sobbing Kindergartners Snubbed for Stealers" tells the story of the White House closing its doors to a bus load of young children who were supposed to get a tour but because of traffic showed up late and were told "too bad." I guess Glamour gave Michelle-O a pass for that one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess just another White american guilt trip for what we owe black america? Or so they want us to believe.

Adam Sharp said...

Great Post Fire Girl!

These kids didn't have the doors open to them.

http://sharpelbowsstl.blogspot.com/2009/05/obama-snubs-kindergarteners-to-meet.html

Adam Sharp said...

OMG! "LameStream Media" Did you write that? I don't care who wrote it. I'm stealing it! F'ing brilliant and ohh soo fitting!

Labwriter said...

Sharp, you must have missed my "rename the mainstream media contest" that I had on the blog. I think the actual winner was the "yellow stream media"--heh--but "lame stream media" was a close second, if I recall. No, I'm sure that's not original to me--I'm sure I read it somewhere. It's pretty good, huh?

Anonymous said...

Good post. And, what a biased report! Oh, I forgot, only FOXNews is biased; my bad, oh dear. I hope I haven't ruined it for you.

Kids have always gotten into the White House, from the Easter Egg roll on the White House lawn, to Santa Claus giving out gifts. To suggest that this is the first time kids have been openly welcomed into the WH is just ludicrous. But then, so are the occupants of the WH..............