Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy Hanukkah to My Jewish Friends



I remember a girl from my third-grade class at Slavens School in Denver, Colorado. This would have been about 1962. She wanted to share her Hannukah celebration with her class, which may have had some other Jewish children, but was predominantly made up of Christian children who celebrated Christmas. She brought in a dreidel and sang the Dreidel Song for us. I've never forgotten it; it wasn't something that was pushed on everyone so that we would all be politically correct. No, it was just one of our classmates very sweetly sharing her song and culture with her friends.

This is very nice, from Senator Orin Hatch (R-Utah).



Why are there so many different spellings of Hunnukah, Chanukah? I'm almost certain I was Jewish in a former life. Heh.


No comments: