Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Meeting at the UN: A Star Wars Bar Scene Without the Music





Scheduled to speak for 15 minutes, Libyan leader Mr. Maummar Gaddafi made his first speech at the U.N. today, a 94-minute rambling, often incoherent rant calling for the Security Council to be renamed the "Terror Council." Why the hell not?

Meat-puppet Gaddafi (it doesn't matter how you spell his name, there are at least 20 different versions) is calling for the U.N. to be moved out of New York. Excellent idea! Mr Gaddafi says Africans are proud that a "son of Africa" is President of the United States, and even suggested that he would support Mr Obama in following the common African practice of clinging to power indefinitely. "We are content and happy if Obama stays forever as President," he says.





Plus who could be surprised that the Obama Apology Tour continues, as Obama spoke to the UN today. The thrust of his speech: The U.S. has acted alone, and in doing so we have caused most of the world's problems.




And great, Obama reminds the UN that we have joined the Human Rights Council. Now why were we not a part of that? Because it had turned into a farcical, Orwellian, macabre, anti-Semitic, anti-Israel, and anti-Western circus, and it still is. But no criticism of that, we now have made amends by rejoining--and the fact that Obama boasts about being on the council is a scandal. John Bolton , the former U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. under George W. Bush, said that joining the council "is like getting on board the Titanic after its hit the iceburg."

On Glenn Beck's show (Wednesday), John Bolton called Obama's speech "the most anti-Israel speech ever given by an American President." He said he was "shaken and disturbed" by the speech: "We've put Israel on the chopping block."

As usual, this was a speech filled with embarrassing personalized self-referencing by Obama: "Think about me!" is a theme throughout the speech; think about me and what I've done in my nine months of office.
For those who question the character and cause of my nation, I ask you to look at the concrete actions we have taken in just nine months.

So I guess the history of the United States, the "character and cause" of the United States, began nine months ago when Obama was inaugurated. What a narcissistic tool this guy is. We are in a whole lot of trouble.

Read the whole speech. Again, does Obama ever have anything good to say about the United States?

I did find one remark he made rather humorous: I have been in office for just nine months, though some days it seems a lot longer. It seems long to him? Oh buddy, you have no idea how long it seems to some of us out here in flyover country. But I guess it would seem "a lot longer" to him, considering he's working in his first full-time job.
 
The spectacle of this insanity clown show will continue this evening when Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the President of the Islamic Republic, speaks to the assembly. Canada has indicated that they will walk out of his speech. Will the U.S.? I would say, not likely. [See Update #3.]




Update: The most self-referential President evah. Extracts from Obama's speech today.

It is my honor. . . I come before you humbled. . . I have been in office for just nine months. . . I am well aware of the expectations. . . I took office at a time when. . . my responsibility is to act. . . I will never apologize. . . it is my deeply held belief. . . I have carried this message. . . what I will speak about today. . . I ask you to look. . . On my first day in office. . . I prohibited. . . I ordered. . . I have outlined. . . my Secretary of State will become. . . Upon taking office, I appointed. . . the Security Council meeting that I will chair tomorrow. . . the issues that I will discuss. . . I say this. . . I say this. . . I say this. . . Today, I put forward. . . I will also host. . . I am committed. . . I will also continue. . . I am not naïve. . . I know. . . I will not waiver. . . The changes that I have spoken about. . . I believe that the people of the world. . . As an African-American, I will never forget. . . I would not be here today without. . . my belief. . . And I pledge that. . . And I believe that

Update #2: Positive comments made by Obama about the United States before he became President:

  •  As an African-American, I will never forget that I would not be here today without the steady pursuit of a more perfect union in my country.

THAT'S IT. That one sentence is the sum totoal of all the positive statements he made in his speech today about the United States before he became President. That pretty much says all I have to say about what I think of this man. He's a narcissist, straight up. He has no value for our traditions, for what we have done in the world, what we have meant to struggling nations. In his mind, there was nothing of value before he showed up on the scene. I think he not only sees himself as a citizen of the world, but he also sees himself as the leader of that world nation.

Update #3: Canada, the United States, and France walked out on Ahmadinejad. A British spokesperson said the walkout was prompted by anti-Semitic rhetoric.


No comments: