Saturday, January 30, 2010

No Posts for SOTU Address

I didn't post anything here about Obama's first State of the Union address because, frankly, I don't believe a word he says. He's shown the country over and over that he'll say anything that sounds right and then do whatever he wants to do, regardless what he promised. So what's the point? Why listen? Plus, good Lord, the backdrop of smirking Biden and psychotic Pelosi was more than I could take.

Obama is a self-obsessed windbag who thinks the whole country loves hearing the sound of his voice as much as he does. Seventy minutes? Ridiculous.

Anyway, I guess I'm not in the minority of people who "disbelieve" Obama's speechifying. Rasmussen has a poll out today, Saturday, that shows only about 20% of Americans think Obama has done what he said he's done and cut taxes for 95% of Americans. Where they found even 20% who believe that is beyond me. Only about a third believe him when he says the economy is growing again. And 77% of Republicans say "You lie!" when Obama claims to have created two million jobs.

Did anyone else find the end of his speech a bit odd? "I don't quit," Obama said. That reminded me of Nixon when he said, "I am not a crook!" Hey Champ, it shouldn't be necessary for you to tell the American people that you're not a quitter--unless maybe you are. Is that really how a leader rallies the troops? "I don't quit." Wow, I am so behind him now. Bleh.

No comments: