Friday, January 22, 2010

The Best Week . . . In a Loooong Time

I agree with Charles Krauthammer. This has been a great week. Thank you Massachusetts for electing Scott Brown, '41; and thank you Supreme Court, for standing up for the First Amendment; and bye-bye, Air America; and thank you conservatives everywhere--Dems, Reps, Independents--whoever you are--for helping to start the Second American Revolution. Oh, and P.S. Happy One-Year Anniversary to Obama. Who would have thought we'd be feeling this good at the end of his first year in office?




If I could put my feelings about this past week to music, I know just what song I would choose. It just seems to fit my mood: Don McClean's "American Pie," 1972. Where were you?

2 comments:

nobackindown said...

did you know that "American Pie" was the name written on the nose of the aircraft that Buddy Holly died in...?

Labwriter said...

Yes, nobackin', I've heard that--is it true? I like to believe it's true, since it fits into how I understand the meaning of the lyrics.