Thursday, March 11, 2010

Telephone Polling

So I was polled by telephone today. I ought to know better.

Ring, ring.

"Hello?"

"Do you consider yourself a Tea Party patriot?"

"Yes."

"Do you support Sarah Palin?"

"Yes."

Click.

WTF? Please, please, call me back and instead I'll tell you that I think Sarah Palin is the bitch whore from hell. Maybe that way I'll get to question #3.

Instead, now they (whoever "they" is) have someone of the "Tea Party persuasion" who "supports" Sarah Palin. Well, I would like to have asked, although I wasn't speaking to a real human being, "What do you mean by 'support'?" Do I support her running for president in 2012? Probably not. Do I support her right to speak out in all kinds of venues about the issues of the day? You betcha.

As I said, I should have known better. So let that be a lesson to me when I hear someone quoting "the polls" that "say" Tea Partiers support Sarah Palin--or anything else, for that matter.

No comments: