Tuesday, June 08, 2010


Here's the guy who's going to kick some ass. Hell, he can't even walk his own dog. Is it just me, or does Obama always look awkward doing normal things (bicycling and bowling come immediately to mind). It's clear this doofus has NEVER walked a dog.


Update: Kaptain Kickass

I love HotAir. This is from Allahpundit, one of the commenters: "Video: Obama can't explain why he hasn't spoken to BP's CEO." The One’s logic, such as it is, is that it’s not worth talking to Tony Hayward because he’ll only end up giving him the runaround — a curious position coming from a guy who campaigned on the virtues of “dialogue” and who’s been locked in halting negotiations with Iran for fully 16 months. Even Lauer is openly incredulous. Captain Kickass has nothing to say to a guy who potentially holds the fate of his presidency in his hands? Even after yesterday’s hair-raising Times piece claiming that BP’s effort to cut the leaking riser may have actually increased the flow of oil many times over? I thought this was supposed to be the new, improved, “engaged” Hopenchange.

Skip ahead to 2:36 for the key bit. Allahpundit says he added the extra two minutes up front so that you can watch O once again throw himself a pity party over the "24-hour news cycle." Read Allahpundit's entire piece (with links)--worthwhile.

Lauer: Have you spoken directly to Tony Hayward, the CEO of BP?

O: I, I have not spoken to him directly, and here’s the reason. Because, uh, my experience is [what experience?] when you talk to, uh, a guy like, uh, uh, the BP CEO, he gonna say all the right things to me. I’m not interested in wordzz. I’m interested in actions. And, and, uh, we are communicating to him every single day exactly what we expect of him, and what we expect of that administration. [Huh?]

Lauer: In all due respect, that feels strange to me.

O: Mmmm.

Lauer: Here we’ve got the CEO of a company that’s responsible for the worst environmental in U.S. history, and I think, I’m just curious why you wouldn’t pick up the phone and in some ways just give him a piece of your mind.




Here's one of the links in Allahpundit's article. It's an article written by Baltimore Sun critic David Zurawik: "'Today' interview: Obama shows press contempt." He says that Obama took "thin skinned to a new level" in this interview with Mat Lauer. "I have never seen Obama look and sound more petty, petulant and tinny." Excellent article.

Update. Sarah Palin destroys Obama's handling of the Gulf disaster, especially his notion of not speaking to the CEO of BP. It's found at "Quotes of the day" at HotAir.

Please, sir, for the sake of the Gulf residents, reach out to experts who have experience holding oil companies accountable. I suggested a few weeks ago that you start with Alaska’s Department of Natural Resources, led by Commissioner Tom Irwin. Having worked with Tom and his DNR and AGIA team led by Marty Rutherford, I can vouch for their integrity and expertise in dealing with Big Oil and overseeing its developments. We’ve all lived and worked through the Exxon-Valdez spill. They can help you. Give them a call. Or, what the heck, give me a call.

I am not a huge fan of Sarah Palin, although I have never been a Palin hater. I just don't happen to think any ticket she's on will ever be elected. Having said that, I can only imagine that Palin would have known what to do with the Gulf oil disaster. She was villified by the lamestream press because of the absurdity that this woman who "only" had experience as Governor of Alaska would have the gall to run for Vice President. Who did she think she was??? So instead we elect a thin-skinned man child whose "executive experience" consisted, by his own admission, of running a goddamn campaign. I can't stand it, I really can't. "People get the government they deserve."--de Tocqueville. But I don't think those poor people living in the Gulf whose lives will never be the same deserved this.

Update #2 on the Update. "When you've lost Rolling Stone . . . ."

Read Tim Dickinson's article in Rolling Stone: "The Spill, the Scandal, and the President." Devastating. I would say that the Boy King's administration is finished--the day the music died. They might as well enjoy the perks, the Wednesday night White House nightclub acts, Air Force One--all of it. Because come 2012, they're finished. And I don't think anybody will be planning to make room on Mt. Rushmore for another head anytime soon.

Update #3 on the Update. Another interesting article, this one from Real Clear Politics by David Paul Kuhn: "Is Obama at a Tipping Point?" My answer: Yes.

No comments: