Wednesday, February 03, 2010

"This president is a real slow learner."

Wow. Zing. Who is this mayor of Las Vegas? His name is Oscar Goodman, and he has taken Barack Obama to task. Go Oscar! Watch to the end. It's short, and it's that good.



Transcript.

Obama: “When times are tough . . . you don’t go blowing a bunch of cash in Vegas when you’re trying to save for college.”

Mayor Oscar Goodman: “He has a real psychological hang-up about the entertainment capital of the world. An apology won’t be acceptable this time. I don’t know where his vendetta comes from, but we’re not going to let him make his bones by lambasting Las Vegas. . . . He didn’t learn his lesson the first time, but when he hurt our economy by his ill-conceived rhetoric, we didn’t think it would happen again. But now that it has, I want to assure you that when he comes, I’ll do everything I can to give him the boot back to Washington and to visit his failures back there. And I gotta tell you this, everybody says I shouldn’t say it, but I gotta tell you like it is. This president is a real. slow. learner.

So let me see if I can get this right. Obama is going to tell us how we shouldn't spend OUR money on our own vacations when we need to save for college. But it's not a problem for BO and family to spend OUR money on HIS vacations? Or for Nancy Pelosi to spend OUR MONEY on her booze and dinners on Air Force jaunts for friends and family? Do I have this right?

My friends at HotAir say the person who will pay most for this is Harry Reid: "He can’t win re-election without a huge turnout in Sin City and a big spread. If Obama becomes unpopular in Las Vegas, Reid’s re-election will become an impossibility rather than the improbability it is at the moment."

This is how Obama clarified his stupid remarks in a letter to Reid: “I was making the simple point that families use vacation dollars, not college tuition money, to have fun,” Obama said, according to the letter released by Reid’s office. “There is no place better to have fun than Vegas, one of our country’s great destinations.”

Man, you are seriously joking. Here's Reid's reply to Obama [and by the way, Reid, you AND NEVADA, who voted you and Obama into office, deserve anything Obama can dish out]: “The President needs to lay off Las Vegas and stop making it the poster child for where people shouldn’t be spending their money,” Reid said. “I would much rather tourists and business travelers spend their money in Las Vegas than spend it overseas.”

Exit question: I'm only guessing, but aren't there a whole lot of SEIU members who work for the hotels in Vegas? Just wondering.

Exit question #2: How do you like Obama NOW, Nevada?

HotAir commentor: "This is some hot blue-on-blue action."

No comments: