Thursday, August 05, 2010

Obama's Newest "Protege"--Alexi Giannoulias


This is Barry in Chicagoland on Thursday, stumping for Alexi Giannoulias, the Democrat seeking the U.S. Senate seat Obama himself once held. This guy was born in 1976. In 2006 he was elected Illinois State Treasurer, becoming the youngest State Treasurer in the nation.

Alexi is known by some as "Obama's newest protege." Fox News has the report on this one:
"Alexi is my friend. I know his character. I know how much he loves this country. I know how committed he is to public service for all the right reasons,” the president said to an audience gathered at the Palmer House Hilton.
But the president’s show of support drew fire from Republicans criticizing the senate candidate’s checkered financial record. “He’s campaigning for a failed mob banker who loaned money to known criminals and lost $150 million of taxpayer dollars,” NRSC Chairman John Cornyn (R-TX) said in a written statement.



Giannoulias’ Republican opponent Mark Kirk has faced his own share of criticism for inflating his experience in the U.S. Naval Reserves. Yay Chicago politics.

1 comment:

Labwriter said...

So I'll leave my own comment here. The "Ick" factor of that photo is just about 10 out of 10. I'm going to have to create a new post just so that I won't have to look at it every time I open my blog. Ick.