Is everybody just about sick of the "gutsy Obama" meme?
You would think Dude Obama has "former Navy SEAL" on his resume, the way he's being gushed over for ACTUALLY MAKING A HARD DECISION. Everybody's seen it, right? It's already been described as an "iconic photo," posted on the White House website last Monday, purportedly a shot of O's security team watching the raid on the Osama compound in Abbottabad.
Jim Hoft at Gateway Pundit spells out in detail the various stories the White House has put out about this one photo:
1. There was the AP report that said Obama and his team "monitored the strike on Osama bin Laden's compound in real time, watching and listening to the firefight that killed the terrorist leader."
2. There was the story that White House press sec'y Jay Carney told the press: "The president and his top national security aides in the Situation Room had available to them minute-by-minute updates on the operation, and that photograph was taken during the operation."
3. Then there was a walkback of that story from Leon Panetta, reported by The Telegraph: Leon Panetta, director of the CIA, revealed there was a 25 minute blackout during which live feed from cameras mounted on the helmets of the special forces was cut off."
4. Then on Sunday there was White House security advisor Tom Donilon telling Chris Wallace on Fox News on Sunday that he wasn't sure what they were watching when the photo was taken.
5. And finally (and of course this won't be the end of it), we have Obama on Sunday night in his interview on "60 Minutes" who said in answer to a simple question about whether they could hear the gunfire, Obama said they had a sense of when gunfire and explosions took place." Huh??? "But," big Zero added, they "could not get information clearly about what was happening inside the compound."
Well, that's a pretty damned far walkback from the original report that they were "watching and listening" to the firefight that killed Osama.
What can you do with such serial fabulists? Well, you can take a page from Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals: Rule #5--"Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."
This is from Wendy Chamberlain in the Green Room at HotAir: "In an attempt to make the Jr. Chipmunk sitting in the small chair in the so-called "iconic" photo seem more than he is, we have our word of the day spread by the usual suspects: GUTSY. The article is hilarious and worth the read.
One of the astute commenters, "mount hood" over at GatewayPundit had this to say this morning: I laughed so hard about the chipmunk comment that I almost wet myself. I had a mental image of the Army General arriving in the room early and alone just so he could screw that adjustable height government issued chair down to its lowest setting, then sitting back with a smile on his face while our President-in-Training came in to take the eyes-just-above-the-level-of-the-tabletop-chair view, sort of like those old WW II Kilroy was here cartoons, Kilroy peeking over a fence. I wonder where Obama hid the mirror since 40 minutes would be a long time for him go without looking at an image of the smartest man in the room!
Hood, you nailed it! Haha.
Exit Question: So was the plan to get Osama bin Laden one of those things that Obama has been whining about INHERITING from the Bush administration? Just askin'.
Update. The Marvel Comic version of the "iconic photo."